Thursday, February 11, 2010

The Mushroom Fairy House ~ Julie McLaughlin


"The whimsical treehouse-like architecture includes a winding two part WOOD TREAD STAIRCASE leading to the front door and dining area landing. 3 TYPES of MOSS were used to insulate and complement the colors of the wood and natural SHINGLES. REALISTIC RASPBERRY VINES wrap around the pedestal base and home. (these berries are so real looking I was tempted to pluck them and eat them while working on this!) Several windows are paned with WAVY GLASS and others with bumpy TWIG GRIDS. When LIGHTED, this house is truly enchanting, spilling out through the windows and illuminating the rooms and the tiny FLOWER LANTERNS hanging in the front. The interior is decorated with RUSTIC yet FANCIFUL funishings, all made from scratch (with the exception of a FEW purchased mini accessories.) All furniture coordinates in a raspberry tone color scheme, made from natural twigs, bark and silk flowers."


"The unusually-shaped FIREPLACE is lighted by battery-powered LOGS and flanked by adorable chairs, rug, table and floor lamp. Step up a level and back from the LIVING ROOM into the DINING area, where a feast is ready on the quaint table. Suspended above the table, is a fabulous QUARTZ CRYSTAL CLUSTER stalactite-shaped "chandelier". (This room also has access on both sides by imaginative openings in the driftwood). The top level is the SLEEPING CHAMBER, simply appointed with a seemingly suspended TWISTY VINE BED (permanently attached), closet, jewelry/hat rack and other mini accessories."

"This home will certainly appeal to any house-hunting fairy, gnome, pixie or other wee folk!"
~ Julie McLaughlin


Find Julie McLaughlin on eBay:
http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/tyjul



23 comments:

  1. Preciosa, encantadora,imaginativa.
    Mi ingles no es tan bueno como para describir la casa.
    Enhorabuena por tu trabajo.

    Besos
    Aru

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly beautiful and amazing! I love the raspberries and the openness.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hay un premio para ti en mi blog.

    Besos
    Aru

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh My!
    that is so unusual reminds me of a song.....
    "Now there was a crooked man who had a crooked house lalalammmmm he walked a crooked mile He found a crooked sixpence and....." mmmmm not sure how that goes now!!!!
    lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so lovely! And your blog is simply fantastic, can't wait to start following it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I juste LOVE to live in this house...

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a very pretty fairy house.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are up for sale? Am interested!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can one purchase these beautiful pieces of art????

    ReplyDelete
  10. You can try to contact her on eBay...her eBay ID is http://shop.ebay.com/merchant/tyjul

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous work! I wish I was a little faerie so I could live in one of your mushroom houses.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't imagine the amount of work that went into that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love fairy houses!! I'm so happy I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This house is sooo cool!! Great work
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  15. Dr K1 cures my chronic illness and brings back my ex after Dr K1 helps me cast a spell that binds me and husband together, Dr k1 is a traditional healer with a great ancestral power. Dr k1 prepare a herbal medicine to me that cure my chronic illness and herpes completely cure and today I get no more outbreak for two years now, He send me the herbal medicines through UPS Courier service with instruction on how to drink the herbal medicines that i drink for 15 days that cure my herpes and chronic illness.Dr K1 cures all diseases like cancer,ALS,Herpes,HPV,lLupus,HE also casts a spell.Contact Dr k1 now on Email: drk1healingcentre@gmail.com or visit his blog site www.drk1healingcentre.wordpress.com or WhatsApp:+2347084710828.
    Get your Ex back with his help.

    ReplyDelete